Re: [tor-relays] Inbound-outbound connexion ratio in tor

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 at 20:07 <torix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear List,

Since I started running Tor 0.3.2.10 a few months ago, I tend to have 2 to 3 times the number of inbound connexions as outbound, as reported by nyx.  I am running a middle relay on Debian, no special anything.  Right now, for instance my inbound connexions are 2345, outbound are 861.

The numbers never quite used to match, which made sense, because of tor overhead, but in a middle relay wouldn't they generally be about the same?

Just wondering,

--Torix

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

Hi

I'm guessing these are connections the relay had ever association with.
When you restart a relay, it will equalise but then wander off with time again. I see same thing:

image.png
(blue: out, green: in)
notice the restart mid week 21

Regards