Re: [tor-relays] how to set-up multiple debian relays at once

Are you talking about multiple instances on one VPS, or multiple VPS instances?

If you have multiple VPS instances, and your VPS provider supports imaging, you can just copy the images to as many relays as you want. If you go this route, just make sure that you haven't let Tor generate a relay private key yet (so don't run Tor with ORPort before creating your image)

You can also use scripts for setting up Tor relays with tools like Ansible, Docker, etc. For instance, an Ansible role:

https://github.com/nusenu/ansible-relayor

If you want multiple instances on a single VPS, Debian has something handy called tor-instance-create:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man8/tor-instance-create.8.html

I don't know enough about Debian (I run FreeBSD). If you don't like tor-instance-create and are willing to use FreeBSD, they also make it easy to have multiple instances on a single computer:

https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/security/tor/files/pkg-message.in?revision=425102&view=markup&pathrev=472266

-Neel Chauhan

===

https://www.neelc.org/