Re: [tor-relays] Relay Guide - IPv6 Connectivity Testing

> Considering there are potential critical failures when the IPv6 ORPort
> is configured, should the relay guide suggest the operator confirm they
> have IPv6 connectivity to all of the IPv6-enabled directory
> authorities[2] before enabling it ("Please ping6/telnet/nc to these
> hosts before enabling this.")?

thanks for this suggestion, I hope you like the change:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide?action=diff&version=218

> It would also be nice if the relay, itself, performed self-checks of
> this connectivity and printed a warning log if some failure-threshold is
> reached (and possibly disabling the IPv6 ORPort). But, in reality, this
> is a hack

I wouldn't call it a 'hack', I'd consider it a reliability feature.

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu