Re: [tor-relays] Tor memory leak (0.3.5.7)?

On Mon, 24 Jun 2019 01:49:18 -0400
starlight.2018q2@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Tor consumes substantial skbuf memory in the kernel, which
> accounts for some of the difference in reported size for
> VmRSS and VmSize and total memory consumption.

This reminded me that I had these tweaks applied (as on all my boxes):

net.core.rmem_max=16777216
net.core.wmem_max=16777216
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem=4096 524288 16777216
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem=4096 524288 16777216

Maybe these are too much for 1GB VMs with 2 instances of Tor each, so now
switched it all back to defaults (which didn't seem to affect Tor speeds) and
it seems better so far.

--
With respect,
Roman