Re: [tor-relays] Network Bandwidth Fine Tuning

Am 02.03.2016 um 15:25 schrieb Tristan:
> Maybe this article from the Tor FAQ will help:
> http://archives.seul.org/or/relays/Aug-2010/msg00034.html

Thanks.

> According to the article, Tor can only get 100Mbps per CPU core, and Tor
> doesn't use any more than 2 cores because it's not fully multithreaded.

I only have one core (on a vmware virtual server) but I am far from  100
Mbps:

niehaus@rocket:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 58
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2683 v3 @ 2.00GHz
stepping        : 0
microcode       : 0x2b
cpu MHz         : 1997.686
cache size      : 35840 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 1
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 0
initial apicid  : 0
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx rdtscp lm
constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts nopl xtopology tsc_reliable
nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2
x2apic popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb
pln pts dtherm fsgsbase smep
bogomips        : 3995.37
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management:

> You can only run 2 instances of Tor on the same IP address, which means
> a maximum of 800Mbps, if you do it right.

I have only one instance but with one core it probably is pointless to
run more instances ...

Sebastian