Re: [tor-relays] relay maintenance without losing consensus weight?

Zwiebel wrote:
> Tim Wilson-Brown - teor wrote:
> > > Zwiebel wrote:
> > > is there a way to shut down Tor relays for a short time without
> > > losing consensus weight or bandwidth?
> >
> > This is a frequently asked question, particularly if you add "losing
> > flags" to the relay operator's list of concerns.
>
> So... is it possible?

I don't think that short maintenance outages should significantly impact
consensus weight. Bandwidth takes a little while to ramp back up because
people need to build circuits through your relay again.

Anyway, if you need to do maintenance, don't wait. The network benefits
more from a secure, reliable relay with 5% less consensus weight.  :-)