Re: [tor-relays] What kind of hardware do I need for my relay

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 22:49:53 +0000, Farid Joubbi wrote:
> I do mean Megabits.
> I have learned a long time ago that Tor traffic throughput can't be compared with ssh.

No, but it can be used to roughly judge what the hardware is capable of.
It doesn't help to throw more hardware at a node when it just doesn't get
more traffic from the network.

Last year one of my node's traffic increased about tenfold
in the span of a month, without reason or rhyme as seen in
https://blog.apk.li/2017/01/29/tor-relay-traffic-again.html

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."