Re: [tor-relays] less than 3 bw auths available: self-measurement (with 10k cap in effect)

On 2 Mar 2018, at 12:08, Vasilis wrote:

Hi,

Roger Dingledine:

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 06:47:00PM +0000, nusenu wrote:

if your relays behave strangely in terms of bandwidth seen, than this
might be due to the fact that there are less than 3 bw auth votes available.

If you run a fast relay it is capped to 10k cw.

This affects currently the 857 fastest relays.

Yep! We had 4 running, but 2 of them had problems, and we need 3
for the authorities to want to use the values from them.

Perhaps it makes sense to do a call and add some more bandwidth authority relays
during the upcoming meeting in Rome similar to the Montreal meeting.

Would the following documents still be valid (They themselves state they might be outdated)?
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/BandwidthAuthority
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/BandwidthAuthorityMeasurements

Also what bandwidth should an bwauth have available itself?

I can see if I can support by running one, although it will be EU based.

Stijn