Re: [tor-relays] Possible to run a tor bridge/relay via tor browser?

Well, I just tried, and no luck, see the attached video. I edited the torrc file included with the torrc file to run the bridge, and after doing this, it causes tor to immediately crash on startup before even making any logs.

This is what is entered in the torrc file, the same as what is entered in my tor expert bundle torrc

Nickname torland

SOCKSPort 0                # no local SOCKS proxy

ORPort 80                # public bridge must have an open ORPort

ExtORPort auto             # configure ExtORPort for obfs4proxy

ExitPolicy reject *:*      # no exits allowed

BridgeRelay 1              # relay won't show up in the public consensus

PublishServerDescriptor 1  # publish to the bridge authority

# use obfs4proxy to provide obfs4 on port 9003, 443

ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec C:\Users\keife\Desktop\Tor Browser test relay\Browser\TorBrowser\Tor\PluggableTransports

ServerTransportListenAddr obfs4 0.0.0.0:443

ContactInfo keifer.bly@xxxxxxxxx

Any thoughts are appreciated, thank you. I am also wondering, can tor browser be configured to automatically install updates on startup? Thanks.

--Keifer