Re: [tor-relays] Possible to run a tor bridge/relay via tor browser?

Hi,

On 30 Mar 2020, at 18:11, Keifer Bly <keifer.bly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The file directoy is named “totbrowser” where tor browser is installed. Thank you.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Keifer Bly
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 1:10 AM
To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Re: [tor-relays] Possible to run a tor bridge/relay via tor browser?

So, I edited the tor install directory so there are no spaces in it, then tried no quotes, single quotes, and double quotes, and it still crashers on start. I wonder why:

# use obfs4proxy to provide obfs4 on port 9003, 443

ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec 'C:\Users\keife\Desktop\TotBrowser\Browser\TorBrowser\Tor\PluggableTransports\obfs4proxy.exe'

This is a directory path:

ServerTransportPlugin obfs4 exec C:\Users\keife\Desktop\Tor Browser test relay\Browser\TorBrowser\Tor\PluggableTransports

You need to:

* give tor the path to the obfs4 executable file

* quote the path, because it contains spaces

It's important that you follow these instructions precisely:

* give tor the path to the obfs4 executable file

* quote the path with double quote characters "like this"

* do not delete spaces, the path without spaces is a different path

If that doesn't work:

* double each backslash character like this: \\

If that doesn't work:

* run tor in a terminal, and send us your logs

We seem to be reaching the limits of your experience.

Perhaps there's some other way you can learn about file

paths on Windows and Linux? And processes? And

software updates?

I'm not sure we're the best people to learn system

administration from. Perhaps a beginners sysadmin

mailing list, chat, or course could help?