Re: Nuked my keyfiles

It was my fault. In the Windows uninstall utility, you get asked which
components you want to remove. If you expand "Tor" and "Vidalia",
there's a separate checkbox under each for "Application Data", which
removes the Tor and Vidalia directories from %homepath%\Application
Data, respectively. I didn't expand these options in my hasty uninstall,
not thinking about my keyfiles, and they're checked by default for a
"complete" uninstall. Oops.

I consider this a "bug". Uninstall should leave your keyfiles behind unless the user explicitly confirms it.

--
Moritz Bartl
GPG 0xED2E9B44