Re: [tor-relays] Exit enclaves load time

I have been running the LoadUI tests for over 2 hours, I don't think they produce a single TCP stream.

I geting almost no difference between out-proxy, enclave, and the hidden service versions of the site.  The LoadUI 1.5 project file is here. if you care to check.

Does the majority of the network use an exit enclave if one is available?

Thanks,
-Zach Lym

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Robert Ransom <rransom.8774@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 19 May 2011 01:14:30 -0700
Zach Lym <indolering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been running load time tests for duckduckgo.com and
> ff.duckduckgo.comthrough the
> Tor network.
>
> duckduckgo.com should be on an enclave
> node<https://www.dan.me.uk/torcheck?ip=72.94.249.36>,
> ff.duckduckgo.com should not be.  But they appear to be loading at
> comparable times and  LoadUI is showing no difference between the two URLs-
> even more complex queries such as "what is my IP"
>
> Can anyone tell if duckduckgo.com misconfigured?
> Is it the CDN that DuckDuckGo uses that equalizes the load time?
> Is the Tor network not utilizing the enclave node as heavily as the
> documentation makes it sound?
> Or have the exit proxies really gained that much capacity that they are no
> longer the bottleneck for such small small requests?

Tor finds an exit enclave for a server by looking for a relay whose IP
address matches the destination server's IP address.  Thus, Tor cannot
begin to use the exit enclave until it has performed a DNS lookup for
the server's hostname.  Tor will also send the first few streams to a
server with an exit enclave over an existing circuit; an exit enclave
is only used once Tor has built a circuit to the enclave relay.

Robert Ransom