Re: [tor-relays] Block certain .onion websites

Hello, exit node operator here. I share the values of the TOR foundation, that’s why I’m operating an exit node but I can’t unsee all the bad it is used for. I know it would sound like censorship but wouldn’t it be possible for an exit relay to block certain (mainly cp) .onion websites so that they cannot be visited from certain exit nodes? Thanks in advance
The two main concerns about people, who engage in sexual abuse of minors, using telecommunication is incentivization of content production and finding/grooming victims. If you have access to any hidden services, which are used by producers of videos/photos recording such acts, you may report it to your local law enforcement and relevant NGOs: background analysis, long-term observation and evidence acquisition are much more useful than you may expect. Keep in mind that, while products of this activity may be shared digitally, the production itself is taking place in meat-space. The second concern is not an issue for Tor: it’s unexpected for a potential victim to seek access to such a service.

You should also be aware that, by blocking access to hidden services, you would be removing it to everyone: including people, who use that to protect children. By doing so you may be placing yourself in the role of a judge or — worse — trying to use the technology to introduce policing based on your own beliefs.

Thanks for running a node, mpan