Re: [tor-relays] MyFamily

Hi,

On 5/13/23 18:55, denny.obreham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
What do you do when you have 50 relays and want to add or remove a relay? You must modify 50 torrc files and restart all 50 relays? That seems tedious and unnecessary. I'm trying to find a way to automate this process and I can wrap my head around the complexity of the problem, especially with multiple servers.

I maintain my MyFamily completely automated using puppet. So once I add new relays to my infrastructure, all the torrc files automatically get updated and the relays reload (or restart?).

If you really do run >5 relays, I'd highly suggest to use whatever automation (puppet, ansible, salt, chef,...) that suits you. But don't even try to manually maintain that amount of relays by hand.

As a bonus you can have a unified setup of unattended upgrades and such things too.

Best regards, Matthias