Re: 100tb.com

At 04:38 -0800 on 2010-11-29, Mike Perry wrote:
> Thus spake Moritz Bartl (moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> I've seen the offer and wanted to fund a second node there if we get
>> enough sponsors. I haven't talked to Midphase (100tb.com) yet though.
>> You should try to convince them to set up proper WHOIS, including abuse
>> handle, which the new data center might do (and Softlayer in the US
>> doesn't do).
>
> Btw, SwIP is very important, with RWHOIS a distant second. It is worth
> offering to pay a bribe^W fee in order to have this done if they
> initially refuse.

When it comes to the Americas, ARIN just announced procedure and template
changes (v5) for rollout in early 2011.  v3 templates will be refused.  v4
templates will continue to work with some parts ignored.

https://www.arin.net/public/ (will eventually be used to manage IPv4
reallocations, etc.)
https://www.arin.net/features/template_changes.html

This may cause some short-term provider confusion or resistance for doing
IPv4 reallocation notices, given that provider scripts based on v3
templates will break.

Richard