[tor-relays] which aws ami?

Hi!

I'm trying to set up 2 tor bridge relays on amazon aws.

I follow the guide on the tor cloud web page at torproject.org but I'm unable to view the AMI or instance configuration when I get logged-in to my aws account.

I've figured out that I can set-up my instance from within my aws account but I'm uncertain how to proceed.

This is what I'd like to do:

Set-up 2 instances on my aws account with 1 instance based in the region South America (SÃo Paulo) and another instance in the region Asia Pacific (Singapore) using the AMI for Obfsproxy Bridges.

I've found 2 tor-cloud AMIs listed in the Community AMIs. These are:

Tor-Cloud-EC2--us-east-1-04-13-2013-20616 - ami-69d30974
[Copied ami-4a7c1a23 from us-east-1] Tor-Cloud-EC2--us-east-1...13-2013-20616
Root device type: ebs Virtualization type: paravirtual

&

Tor-Cloud-EC2--us-east-1-04-13-2013-7427 - ami-6bd30976
[Copied ami-567c1a3f from us-east-1] Tor-Cloud-EC2--us-east-1...-13-2013-7427
Root device type: ebs Virtualization type: paravirtual

Perhaps there is a choice of 2 AMIs because 1 is for Obfsproxy Bridges & the other is for Private Bridges? I'm not sure which AMI I should choose for Obfsproxy Bridges.

From what I can see, once I've chosen the correct AMI it should be very easy to finish the configuration.

Also, am I correct in thinking that I can host 2 instances in different regions on the same account? It doesn't matter so much if this isn't possible, I suppose I could host both instance in the same region.

But I make this choice of hosting 2 instances in different regions for diversity. Am I correct to think that the region the instance is hosted in will influence my bridge's IP address? Perhaps IP addreses are only allocated for one region per aws account?

Does the name for the AMI need to match the region? In which case the above choices would be incorrect for me based on my preferred choice of regions?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ralph.

Sign up for FREE email from www.swissmail.net at http://www.swissmail.net