Re: [tor-relays] Faravahar messing with my IP address

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 08:04:55PM +1100, Tim Wilson-Brown - teor wrote:

> > On 9 Nov 2015, at 18:56, Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Which version of Tor were you previously running? Have you seen these
> > messages within the last few days, after you upgraded?
> >

> Hi SiNA, Matthew,
>
> I can reproduce some unusual behaviour from Faravahar simply using wget.
> It seems that a web cache in front of Faravahar's dirport might be misbehaving.

For some reason I can't reproduce your results, but I agree that what you saw
and what the various tor log snippets show does seem to point towards a kind
of frontend caching proxy. This is unfortunate, but I don't see a way for
the dirauth code to make a mistake like this, and we'd expect other authories
would show the same symptoms if that was the case, as well.

- Matt