Re: [tor-relays] keypair issue after backing up relay

On 24 Nov 2015, at 10:14, Matlink <matlink@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I'm running a tor relay. I once had some trouble about running it, and I
decided to reinstall tor via apt-get. Of course, it did erased all my
private and public keys, that I missed to backup before reinstalling tor.
Then I ran tor again, with the new identity. As I have a container
backup running every day, I was able to recover the erased private and
public keys, that I put them back.
I can run tor with my original identity, but the directory server is
saying me '[WARN] http status 400 ("Looks like your keypair does not
match its older value.")'.
How can I fix it ? I would like to keep the original identity, since I
had all the convenient flags and don't want to wait another couple of
weeks to get them back with a new identity.

Either replace your ed25519 master key from the backup, or wait until urras moves away from a version that does key pinning.
(In either case, the remaining authorities should accept your relay.)

See this thread for details:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2015-November/008217.html

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F