Re: [tor-relays] obfs4 - how to from source

> On 15 Nov. 2016, at 23:53, Petrusko <petrusko@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thx Tim for help.
>
> Now I'm using another user than root...
> But I'm still in a black hole (+headache), sadly without finding any document about how using this "go" software + obfs4 :'(
>
> Sooory, I'm not really nice with source compiling... :s

go will set up the directories in the GOPATH for you.
You do not need to do anything to set them up yourself.

Please run the following commands as the normal user petrusko:

mv /home/petrusko/gocode /home/petrusko/gocode.old
mkdir /home/petrusko/gocode
export GOPATH=/home/petrusko/gocode
go get git.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/obfs4.git/obfs4proxy

What does it say when you run those commands?

Tim

> go help gopath :
> [...]
> Each directory listed in GOPATH must have a prescribed structure:
>
> The src/ directory holds source code.  The path below 'src'
> determines the import path or executable name.
>
> The pkg/ directory holds installed package objects.
> As in the Go tree, each target operating system and
> architecture pair has its own subdirectory of pkg
> (pkg/GOOS_GOARCH).
> [...]
>
> But I don't see any /src or /pkg in the downloaded git folder ?
>
> Here the content downloaded :
> $ dir -R /home/petrusko/obfs4/
>
> obfs4/:
> ChangeLog  common  doc    LICENSE  obfs4proxy  README.md    transports
>
> obfs4/common:
> csrand    drbg  log  ntor  probdist  replayfilter  socks5  uniformdh
>
> obfs4/common/csrand:
> csrand.go
>
> obfs4/common/drbg:
> hash_drbg.go
>
> obfs4/common/log:
> log.go
>
> obfs4/common/ntor:
> ntor.go  ntor_test.go
>
> obfs4/common/probdist:
> weighted_dist.go  weighted_dist_test.go
>
> obfs4/common/replayfilter:
> replay_filter.go  replay_filter_test.go
>
> obfs4/common/socks5:
> args.go  args_test.go  rfc1929.go  socks5.go  socks_test.go
>
> obfs4/common/uniformdh:
> uniformdh.go  uniformdh_test.go
>
> obfs4/doc:
> obfs4proxy.1  obfs4-spec.txt
>
> obfs4/obfs4proxy:
> obfs4proxy.go  proxy_http.go  proxy_socks4.go  pt_extras.go  termmon.go  termmon_linux.go
>
> obfs4/transports:
> base  meeklite    obfs2  obfs3  obfs4  scramblesuit  transports.go
>
> obfs4/transports/base:
> base.go
>
> obfs4/transports/meeklite:
> base.go  meek.go
>
> obfs4/transports/obfs2:
> obfs2.go
>
> obfs4/transports/obfs3:
> obfs3.go
>
> obfs4/transports/obfs4:
> framing  handshake_ntor.go  handshake_ntor_test.go  obfs4.go  packet.go  statefile.go
>
> obfs4/transports/obfs4/framing:
> framing.go  framing_test.go
>
> obfs4/transports/scramblesuit:
> base.go  conn.go  handshake_ticket.go  handshake_uniformdh.go  hkdf_expand.go

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org