Re: [tor-relays] network scan results for CVE-2016-5696 / rfc 5961

Hi,

I don't really want to derail this thread, and I'm sure it's been said before, but I'd love to put in a plug for the TorBSD Diversity Project here:

https://torbsd.github.io/

As a whole, the network is pretty homogeneous in terms of its reliance on the Linux kernel so kernel bugs and exploits like this can end up affecting a great portion of the network.

There are some graphs showing (the lack of) network diversity here, which are interesting to look at:

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/network_detail.php

Just a thought to consider when setting up future relays, for those who already have experience working with other kernels like FreeBSD/OpenBSD/Solaris etc.

Cheers,

Alex