Re: [tor-relays] do the 800+ UbuntuCore relays constitute a Sybil attack?

To be honest, I reckon these UbuntuCore nodes are almost all mundane desktops and server.

I think there are only a few added each day, for a total of about one or two thousand that intend to be bridges and relays. Intent doesn't mean they have the inbound connectivity to join the consensus, though.

On Nov 28, 2017 17:18, "Roger Dingledine" <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 08:06:11PM -0500, starlight.2017q4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The population of these has been climbing for more than a week and no-one has commented, which seems odd.  No contact provided.
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/UbuntuCore

See this thread:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2016-August/010046.html

So they are not a single unified operator.

What fraction of consensus weights are they? I'm under the impression
they're running on refrigerators or whatever so most of them have crappy
connectivity.

--Roger