Re: [tor-relays] UbuntuCore relays

If someone is spoofing them, then I reckon they are doing a good job updating them to match the (ever-increasing) revision number, now at 249-252.

Downloads are anonymous, but the dashboard I have says it should be about 6000 nodes wishing to join (though failed connectivity might remove some) and metrics.torproject.org says "at least 2000".

If someone has an idea for a veracity experiment, contact me.

On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 3:32 PM nusenu <nusenu-lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Roger Dingledine wrote:
> Btw, all of these UbuntuCore relays are from snap packages run by Tor
> enthusiasts

Do you indeed mean "all"? Since there have also been other hypothesis about
at least some of these "UbuntuCore" relays in the past (see bad-relays ML archive from 2017-11-13),
it would be great if you could elaborate on how you came to that conclusion.

thanks,
nusenu

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu

Chad Miller    chad.org    gpg:a806deac30420066