Re: [tor-relays] Discuss. Why not split donations to Tor relay owners?

> Am 01.11.2023 um 17:53 schrieb dewaj <dewaj@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> [...]
> Who wants to be identified as a tor user, let alone a relay operator?
> […]

I don't like this attitude at all and I don't think it goes with the demands of most operators either.

I have often heard on this list and elsewhere sentences like: "It is an act of anonymity to use Tor. It is an act of transparency to operate Tor relays."
I agree with this completely.

Tor relay operators should always be responsive and have no problem saying who they are.

If there are problems with a relay that are criminally relevant, the company running the server will hand over the operator's data to the authorities anyway.

Martin