[tor-relays] recommended way to run 0.4.8.9 on armhf deb?

What's the recommended way to run 0.4.8.9 on armhf Raspberry Pi?

Raspbian only has 0.4.7.13 in bookworm, there is no -security or -backports repository: http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian

Tor Debian packages doesn't have 32-bit ARM architecture (armhf): https://support.torproject.org/apt/tor-deb-repo/

Until now, TPO recommended using Debian -backports. But that still has 0.4.7.13: https://packages.debian.org/bullseye-backports/tor

Debian bookworm (stable) also only has 0.4.7.16: https://packages.debian.org/bookworm/tor

I would love to run 0.4.8.9 (and keep it current) on Raspbian, without having to build from source. I welcome any tips.

Georg Koppen:
What's the recommended way to run 0.4.7 on armhf?
The package repository [deb.torproject.org] does not offer 32-bit ARM architecture (armhf) images (yet).
https://support.torproject.org/apt/tor-deb-repo/
Debian has 0.4.7 in bullseye-backports.
But Raspbian doesn't have bullseye-backports: http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/dists/
Right. One thing we recommended when talking to relay operators during earlier EOL upgrade periods is adding the debian -backports repository to the Raspberry Pi. It worked well according to the feedback we got. We linked to
https://marksrpicluster.blogspot.com/2019/12/add-buster-backports-to-raspberry-pi.html
for general steps (you need to adapt them for bullseye, though).

--
ilf

If you upload your address book to "the cloud", I don't want to be in it.