Re: SpamCop and Webmail Spam via tor

Hi Andrew,

(please other exit nodes: do not all immediately use the advise I give to
Andrew. PDQVPN is a more important than average node. Don't flood Spamcop...)

on 2010-10-27 16:38 Andrew Lewis wrote the following:
> This is mainly directed at Moritz, but how does everyone handle SpamCop
> notices complaining about tor exit nodes sending spam via webmail? Again this
> is due to the hypersensitive nature of my host, as it causes them to threaten
> me with disconnect every time I get one, and I've had varying levels of
> success with explaining it away, depending on who is on the other side. It
> doesn't even seem like the notice should goto me, as the email is still
> originating inside an account hosted by a third party. Is there someway to get
> SpamCop to stop sending notices to me ISP or have them directed to me?

I am the Security Officer at my university. In that role I occasionally need
to report some bad tracking or such to Spamcop.

In my experience deputies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is quite responsive. Typically
Ellen replies to friendly formulated mails, but there is also someone else
whose name I forgot. "Dear Ellen (?)" might be nice.

Ask them to white-list your Tor IP address, or else to register your own mail
address as the responsible party for it....

cheers,

teun