From: "Paul W. Schleck" <pschleck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Ongoing, repetitive, flooding and abuse on Usenet newsgroup ba.broadcast from your site
Date: October 2, 2012 2:30:11 GMT+01:00

Note to TOR Exit Server maintainers:

This article is from Google Groups, a third-party news posting site via
http (80 port).  I have received replies from other TOR exit server
maintainers that they will temporarily block connectivity to Google
Groups' range of IP addresses, as this kind of repetitive flooding to
deny use of a newsgroup is not free speech, and not what the TOR project
was intended to be used for.  The IP addresses for Google Groups are as
follows:

groups.google.com canonical name = groups.l.google.com.
Name: groups.l.google.com
Address: 74.125.142.102
Name: groups.l.google.com
Address: 74.125.142.113
Name: groups.l.google.com
Address: 74.125.142.138
Name: groups.l.google.com
Address: 74.125.142.139
Name: groups.l.google.com
Address: 74.125.142.100
Name: groups.l.google.com
Address: 74.125.142.101

Name: googlegroups.com
Address: 74.125.142.99
Name: googlegroups.com
Address: 74.125.142.103
Name: googlegroups.com
Address: 74.125.142.104
Name: googlegroups.com
Address: 74.125.142.105
Name: googlegroups.com
Address: 74.125.142.106
Name: googlegroups.com
Address: 74.125.142.147

Google Groups would otherwise have to implement blocking of your exit
nodes to stop this flooder.  The security practices of sites under my
control are fine, including blocking of all TOR exit servers.

The article quoted below is one of thousands over the past year.  I can
send you far worse examples, if required.  A good sampling of the
perpetrator's mental state, and criminal record, may be found at:

 http://www.smbtech.com/ras/

This is some voluminous, off-topic flooding and harassment on the
ba.broadcast Usenet newsgroup.  It is being reported to abuse reporting
mailboxes based on the contents of the NNTP-Posting-Host: and
WHOIS and the Network Abuse Clearinghouse.  They are sometimes also
crossposted to unrelated newsgroups such as rec.arts.tv,
soc.culture.new-zealand, and several other newsgroups in the nz.*
hierarchy.  It is disruptive, and completely off-topic, as well as
causing disruptive, cascaded flame wars among those unrelated
newsgroups.

This user has also been posting from other sources, including 100tb.com,
31173.se, 51.net, 62.net, all.de, armax.me, artelco.com, bahnhof.se,
bigkitten.net, boingboing.net, broadviewnet.net, bu.edu, ccc.de, co.at,
coolhousing.net, creekcabin.com, dfri.se, exit.de, einteilung.at,
finalhosting.cz, formlessnetworking.net, ghst.net, hessmo.com,
hexhost.net, ib.de, ipredator.se, mydev.net, noisetor.net, oceanic.net,
ovh.net, plebia.org, ovh.net, privacyfoundation.ch, privacyrepublic.org,
progressbar.sk, riseup.net, ru.is, sbcglobal.net, scnet.net,
servers.com, snydernet.net, solidonetworks.com, stanford.edu,
stargrave.org, techfixuk.com, torland.is, torland.me, torservers.net,
trolling.me, dmzglobal.com, telstraclear.net, xtra.co.nz, clear.net.nz,
orcon.net.nz, netgate.net.nz, freeparking.co.nz, powerusenet.com,
giganews.com, thundernews.com, altopia.com, comcast.net,
groups.google.com, and tigerusenet.com.  It appears that you are merely
the latest of his victims.

The charter of ba.broadcast is as follows:

"This group is here for discussions, comments and program reminders
about broadcast media in the San Francisco Bay Area, both radio and
television.  It also includes cable systems and TVRO/BCRO in the SF Bay
Area.  It does not include scanner, ham radio or other action here in
the SF Bay Area; these may be addressed in another newsgroup at another
time.  Issues of national interest should be posted to one of the groups
in rec.arts.tv or rec.radio."

(see: http://groups.google.com/group/ba.broadcast/browse_thread/thread/ddfbd8175e26286e/d8f642f8a1fc5f42)

The charter does not include sexual innuendo and libel, abusive threats,
bigotry and minority bashing, or any off-topic discussion of subjects
not reasonably related to broadcasting in the Bay Area, which now
consitute the overwhelming majority of current message traffic on
ba.broadcast, to the detriment and exclusion of on-topic participation
by others.

Please take appropriate action to put a stop this this misbehavior
originating from your site that is disrupting ba.broadcast.

Offending article follows: