[tor-relays] port 9001 udp

Hi relay-tives!
It's my first post here, so please can someone help me with my question
Why do I have to open 9001 UDP at the DSL router firewall and not necessarily in iptables?
Is it something specific on my side or does someone has an explanation?
The OR service seems to work. Ok - I see nearly no traffic may-be because of my small
bandwidth. See some information about my system
Setup
ÂÂÂ PC (P4 2GB noHDD) with USB-LAN adapter (eth2) connected to DSL router (NAT & firewall)
ÂÂ ÂTails 0.20.1 on SD card with USB adapter write protected
ÂÂ ÂServer IP x.x.x.33 received from the DHCP DSL router
Goal
ÂÂ ÂRun PC as OR relay non exit
ÂÂ ÂRun OR service
ÂÂ ÂDont run DIR service
DSL router setting
ÂÂ ÂOpen DSL router firewall IP x.x.x.33 TCP 9001 for OR
ÂÂ ÂOpen DSL router firewall IP x.x.x.33 UDP 9001 for OR <= IS THE POINT
Done to tails manually each time the PC turns on (amnesia!):
ÂÂ ÂRoot terminal (password) and "/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i eth2 -p tcp --dport 9001 -j ACCEPT"
ÂÂ ÂThe the only change to original tails iptables list is the added rule
Done to Vidalia: relay-non-exit, nickname, email, port=9001, bandwidth limits typ 20kByte/s and max 25kByte/s
The log messages tell me success and all runs for a week.
Thanks front-up
Zwiebel
 _||_
Â/ÂÂÂ \