Re: [tor-relays] Relay behind VPN router

Hi Jochen,

Ah, I understand. I believe services like AirVPN allow clients to forward traffic to them on certain ports. For example, if you configure the VPN-provider to forward all the incoming traffic on port 9001 to your router as the client, you are able to run a relay from behind your router (you still have to forward the traffic from your router to the relay in your home network). This topic suggests this is a working configuration.

I don't know if privateinternetaccess.com allows clients to forward ports, though.

Regards,

Viktor

2013/10/20 Jochen <jf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Viktor,

Am 20.10.2013 12:47, schrieb Viktor Haaksman:
> I believe that your bandwidth is limited by your ISP through which you
> connect to the internet with your ADSL-line. Therefore, running Tor over
> a VPN-connection will not increase the bandwidth of your relay, only
> obfuscate your IP address. Correct me if I am wrong.

you misunderstood. The question was, why I use VPN and not TOR. TOR is
too slow for some applications. Try watching a youtube video through
tor, this is often stuttering.

Another reason why I prefer vpn: only apps capable of socks5 can use
TOR. With a vpn client on my router I can anonymize ALL traffic, even
those of tablets, smartphones, smart tv, game consoles etc.

--
Mit besten Grüßen
Jochen Fahrner