[tor-relays] too many circuit creation requests

Hi all,

I set up a new tor relay named trshck using a raspberry pi a few days ago.

All was going fine until early today, when a lot of warning have started appearing in the log file:

"[warn] Your computer is too slow to handle this many circuit creation requests! Please consider using the MaxAdvertisedBandwidth config option or choosing a more restricted exit policy."

I've looked up this message and found some comments but nothing clear about how to solve the issue. I think this can be related with the recent acquisition of the HSDir flag.

The relay is not configured to be an exit node.

The number of open circuits has greatly increase in the last few hours:

"Circuit handshake stats since last time: 4860/4984 TAP, 228464/229242 NTor."

MaxAdvertisedBandwidth is not set, only:

"RelayBandwidthRate 200 KB
RelayBandwidthBurst 300 KB"

What do you advice me to do?

Regards,