Od: Ralph Seichter <tor-relays-ml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Komu: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Datum: 6. 10. 2016 12:34:02
Předmět: Re: [tor-relays] Intrusion Prevention System Software - Snort or Suricata

On 06.10.16 12:12, oconor@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> There is a possibility of parsing log of IPS a do actions with the
> policies.

I don't trust any IPS that I have seen so far to come up with smart
enough exit policies. If I were to use an IPS to dynamically limit
inbound traffic (on a non-Tor server) and the IPS gets things wrong,
only my own server is affected. If an IPS gets outbound Tor policies
wrong, it potentially affects a lot of people.

Manually dealing with complaints is a chore, but I am willing to invest
the necessary time and work to be able to make an informed decision. I
can understand that not every service provider has the manpower (or
willingness) to do the same, but I consider Tor's purpose to be too
important to leave decisions to a piece of software.

-Ralph