Re: [tor-relays] Research project - comparing abuse complaints on Tor exits to those of regular ISPs

Mine is running for close to two years now and i got 2 regular complaints with specific accusation (torrent...) from known german lawyers.
And one really common from my ISP - "we detected illegal activities. please perform a virus scan on your computers...".

Thats all :)

Gesendet: Montag, 24. Oktober 2016 um 13:47 Uhr
Von: dguthrie@xxxxxxxxxx
An: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [tor-relays] Research project - comparing abuse complaints on Tor exits to those of regular ISPs
Hi folks,

I am looking to research what proportion of Tor traffic across a Tor
exit is "legitimate"/regular internet traffic, by comparing abuse
complaints on Tor exits to those of regular ISPs. I think this is an
interesting project because it is illegal to analyse traffic on the exit
node without amounting to a wiretap, so this is a good way to get some
idea about what traffic is comparable to regular internet traffic.

I am aware that some people on this list run small ISPs. I am asking a
favour that you might be able to send me a sample of abuse complaints
over several months, or at least and some idea of how many complaints
you recieved. I would need to know what type of complaint they were
(torrenting vs more serious complaints), and the volume of traffic that
passed through your network.

My public key is posted below.

Thank you,
Duncan Guthrie

4096R/16BD5A5D
425A BEE8 24BB 7665 7FDC F7B6 8767 0301 16BD 5A5D