Re: [tor-relays] IP address change

Hi Tim
TNX for your fast response. I'm afaid, that I have to stay with my current ISP. However, from time to time he keeps my IP address unchanged for up to 4 days.
Mike

Von: teor <teor2345@xxxxxxxxx>
Datum: 24.10.16 14:34 (GMT+01:00)
An: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [tor-relays] IP address change

> On 24 Oct. 2016, at 23:12, balbea16 <balbea16@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi There
> My ISP changes my IP address about every 24 hours. It takes 10 minutes until my tor server recognises this, and an hour until all usual connections are reestablished. How can I speed this up?

The tor directory authorities vote on relays every hour.
There is no way to speed this up.

> Does it help to use a DNS?

No, Tor uses your IP address.

> To pay for a static address is not an option.
> Any ideas? Thank you. Mike

I'm sorry, this is just how Tor is designed.
But you are still contributing to the network.

You could try renting a cheap server in a data centre.
Most of them offer static IP addresses.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com