Re: [tor-relays] Testers needed for Nyx beta release

Hi Damian,

Thanks for the quick fix for the os.putenv() FreeBSD issue. That resolved it.

I think I've found a bug with the Connections pane. nyx appears to munge all the connections into "outbound", like:

  Connections (4852 outbound, 1 control):

Whereas arm on the same system displays them correctly like:

  Connections (2196 inbound, 2651 outbound, 1 control):

Otherwise I'm finding nyx to be a very good experience so far! Thanks again!

> Nyx attempts to connect to some default locations but if
> you're running on another port it indeed needs the '-i' argument.
> Unfortunately I'm not sure of a good self-discovery mechanism. Would
> alternative messaging help?

It didn't take me long to figure out, but additional messaging might be helpful. Right now nyx just displays "Unable to connect to tor. Are you sure it's running?" Perhaps you could add something like "If you have set a custom Control Port for Tor, you can specify it with the '-i' argument."?