[tor-relays] Something Keeps Causing Tor Relay Software To Automatically Close On Windows 10?

Hello,

So for my bridge running on Windows 10, for some reason the tor expert bundle automatically closes after 1-2 days, as in the process just stops and the command line window it is in just closes. As you can imagine, this is frustrating for keeping the bridge stable and all.

It is strange that this is happening as I am not closing the software it just shuts off automatically for some reason.

Some of my thoughts on what could be causing this:

  1. In my experience, the Windows CMD (which the tor expert bundle runs through) has the habit to automatically close the second a program sends a signal that isn’t immediately recognized by Windows, even if the command is from the program itself. I wonder if this could be the issue…
  2. I will try running tor.exe as administrator and see if it happens again, maybe it’s an issue with the software not having enough permissions from the OS?

Another thing I am trying this time is that according to https://ccm.net/faq/2353-prevent-the-command-prompt-closing-automatically, running the command cmd -K in the beginning should prevent the CMD from auto closing.

Any other thoughts on why this might be happening is appreciated.

The tor version is tor 0.3.4.8 on Windows 10. Thanks.