Re: [tor-relays] Tor automatic restart

Hi,

I don't see the problem in being How to automatically restart Tor. The base problem is, why do you need to restart it regularly or at every x period?

I mean, I only restart my Tor when I apply updates to Tor or to the operating system, etc. -- otherwise it works fine. If something hangs your Tor process and you need to restart it, you have to determine the cause of that.

What OS and which version, hardware and setup (bare metal, virtual machine) do you use?
What are the system resources (CPU,RAM,HDD/SSD,Bandwidth)?
How did you install Tor? Package manager or other method?
What is your soft and hard max open files limit?

Keifer Bly wrote:
No. I have no other processes running on the vps. The OS Debian Linux is running the newest version, it seems something is causing the tor process to get hung up once a month. Will take a look at that, thanks.
--Keifer