Re: [tor-relays] Massive ongoing google groups spamming

Thus spake Moritz Bartl (moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx):

> On 07.09.2012 00:15, tor-admin wrote:
> > Running an Exit without custom WHOIS, all abuse message are received by my
> > ISP and forwarded. So I have to temporarily ban google groups. How do other
> > operators deal with this?
>
> We receive the same reports and answer them like always; now, as they
> are still coming in, we ignore them.

Yes, we even have a template for the Google Groups case on the wiki:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorAbuseTemplates#GoogleGroupsSpam

But if the same person keeps sending you the same abuse message as
opposed to actually trying to get Google to block the offending
authenticated Google account, well that person has spamming issues of
their own.

Are Google Groups accounts easier to create than Gmail accounts for some
reason? I was under the impression Gmail has hated on account creation
over Tor for some time now..

If that is still true, it's likely this new abuser uses both Tor and
non-Tor... Thus simply blocking Tor from Usenet (even if we could) as
the abuse complaint demands is unlikely to stop the abuse.

--
Mike Perry