Re: [tor-relays] Min. Bandwidth for Bridge Relay?

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM, cmeclax <cmeclax-sazri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How often does your IP address change? A bridge's address should change every
few weeks so that censors making lists of bridge addresses can't keep up with
it. My address changes once every few years (the last time was because someone
broke the cable digging up a pipe), so I run a middle relay. Don't run an exit
relay from a home connection; you'll be banned from editing Wikipedia, talking
on IRC, etc.

cmeclax

Why not run an exit relay from home? I have done it for 4 yrs, also i have no problems getting on IRC with tor, thought it does depend on which network.

It is just a matter of what one wants to pay/donate to the Tor Project. One does not have to use a standered home connection, but can use a business connection, all from home, which also will increase their available bandwidth.

Jon