Re: [tor-relays] ExitPolicy reject *:* ships commented out?

There was a version of Tor released in the development repos that included Accept *.* in torrc. I remember seeing it but have no idea which version it was. I too think this is a mistake. If casual relay operators are being shut down due to a misconfigured torrc, Tor will suffer more bad press by media types who have no idea how Tor actually works. We want to encourage Tor relaying no!? The more relays, the better the service.
I would also suggest to any devs reading this that some kind of pretty looking auto-config needs to run the user through the physical details of the connection and then configure the torrc appropriately. The average random who simply wants to donate bandwidth isnt going to run through the whole torrc and make sure everything is dandy before sticking the relay online.
I can think of many competent, intelligent friends who would happily run a relay but they're probably not tech savvy enough to ge the torrc just so for their connections. 'Plug the wire into the grey box, internet happens'....

On top of all this, if someone if wanting to run an Exit node, they will likely be the more tech savvy types. People who have a VPS etc. If that is the case then they will no doubt be able to configure Accept *.* in a text file.

TL;DR version, devs please uncomment Reject *.* in the default torrc on all future releases on Tor. I really think this will cause serious headaches for well meaning volunteers.

Tom