[tor-relays] Tor node was doing more traffic than its bandwidth is configured for

I updated our node to the RC version some days ago. Earlier today, it started to do a traffic amount that was higher than it had been configured to do in torrc. Torrc was configured for 35M use and 40M burst, but today it went to 50M and stayed there for an hour. Killing it HUP didn't help. I did a service restart on it to bring it back down.