Re: [tor-relays] Too little traffic on my #2 non-exit relay

Yep,weird. I've installed both at the same time, on an clean ubuntu out-of-the box system
at 2013-09-11. As you can see at atlas.torproject.org #1 has been started at 2013-09-11 08:40:17
and #2 at 2013-09-11 08:40:17.

@
Mick: This will be solved at next restart, but i don't think the problem is caused by missing nodefamily.

Thanks,
Chris
Weird that #1 has the stable flag and #2 don't then.
"Stable" -- A router is 'Stable' if it is active, and either its
Weighted MTBF is at least the median for known active routers or its
Weighted MTBF corresponds to at least 7 days."
The above suggests that #1 has been known to the dirauths for a while
(since it got stable) and #2 either restarts a lot or has not been
around for long.

On 2013-09-18 20:41, Christian Dietrich wrote:
Thanks, but both relays have been started at the same time.
Due to the fact that they also have the same configuration,
both should offer up to 1 gigabit/s bandwidth.

"RelayBandwidthRate 125 MBytes
RelayBandwidthBurst 125 MBytes"

Both relays are exactly the same, except for the IPv4 adress.

Your #2 relay is only advertising 83.96 KB/s so it's no surprise it gets
low traffic.
Can it be that #1 is an old relay and #2 is relatively new? If #2 is new
it needs time to ramp up traffic:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay