Re: [tor-relays] Slow exit node over VPN

Bridge on a dynamic IP? Does that even work?

-----
My full signature with lots of links etc.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Grozdan <neutrino8@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Konstantinos Asimakis <inshame@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone.

I am usually connecting to the internet through VPN (Mullvad). Would it make sense to setup an exit relay to run whenever I can? I can forward one or two ports to my machine. My IP may change often and I might have to shut down the node when I need the bandwidth for something else. Also the bandwidth won't be much. I expect 40KB/s upload on average with bursts to 70 or 80.

Mullvad is obviously already receving a bazilion complaints about forum SPAM etc (thus I often find myself blocked from a few sites, having to solve captchas in many cases) so I guess they will see no diference.

Hi,

With such a slow bandwidth, I don't think you'll be useful as an exit. You better be a bridge instead. Bridges don't see much traffic but are useful for when ISPs/governments are blocking normal relays