Re: [tor-relays] help #3

Have you double-checked the ulimit was applied correctly? Including
making sure it's applied to the user account running Tor? Here's how I
do that on Ubuntu/Debian, assuming the user account is "debian-tor":

  sudo su debian-tor --shell /bin/bash --command "ulimit -Sn"
  sudo su debian-tor --shell /bin/bash --command "ulimit -Hn"

Those should return the actual hard and soft limits being applied to
the debian-tor user. In my case it returns 64000, but you'll just want
to make sure it's what you're expecting.

> nothing works and now I am running out of ideas

It would be easier for people to help if you elaborate a bit --
perhaps the exact commands you've already tried and the log messages
(if there are any other error or warning messages besides the one you
already listed).