Re: [tor-relays] HOW-TO: Simple DNS resolver for tor exit operators

Igor Mitrofanov <igor.n.mitrofanov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If it's important enough to do on a single relay, it's important
> enough to do it across the entire network. I bet there are, and will
> always be, plenty of exit node operators not reading this email list,
> or not planning to do anything, or not configuring everything
> properly, etc.

     I was not presenting an argument for or against anything.  I was merely
pointing out to other FreeBSD users that a basic and generalized caching tool
existed in the base system and was very easy to use.  Obviously, that piece
of information is irrelevant to anyone on another OS, but FreeBSD systems have
it already installed, and many of their operators are likely to be unaware of
it.  I was running FreeBSD for four or five years before I stumbled across it
myself.  The system works just fine without it, but putting it into use has the
potential to speed up various system functions, name-to-address resolution
being one of those.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG
* Internet:   bennett at sdf.org   *xor*   bennett at freeshell.org  *