Re: [tor-relays] Jerk spammers on tor-relays

On 09/21/2018 01:24 PM, Keifer Bly wrote:

> ➢ There are lots of technical folk on these tor lists.
> There ought to be at least a few who'd enjoy killing some spam servers.
>
> What exactly do you mean by “killing them”? If you are referring to forcibly taking the servers offline, that would most likely be illegal.

As Marv says, "I love hitmen. No matter what you do to them, you don't
feel bad." So I don't care so much about "illegal". Indeed, there is
effectively no law that protects us from jerks like this. Maybe they're
just sex spammers, but you gotta treat them like malicious attackers,
because they might be. That's especially so because they're targeting
Tor Project lists. So it comes down to the right of self-defense.

> Not to mention an amount of the spamming addresses are using Gmail and Yahoo mail accounts, and we can’t “kill” those sources.

Sure. For those, you just keep filing abuse reports. Just automate it,
so every message triggers a report. If enough list members do that,
there'll be lots of abuse reports.

<SNIP>