Re: [tor-relays] Running on a Raspberry Pi

On 10 September 2019, ronqtorrelays@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From what I have read about the Pi 4, heat is a big issue. If you're not doing something to cool it, your CPU speed is likely being throttled due to overheating.

I'm not doing any cooling except for not having it in case. I'm in Canada, and with winter coming I can leave it hanging inside a window, and that'll cool it down some.

The speed on the relay has picked up to about a quarter of what it was (so about six gigs a day), and I'll wait and see if it continues to increase, and then maybe fiddle with the config.

So, if a Pi is cheap to buy and easy to use and maintain, I'm happy to use it for a relay, even if it's not a major contributor to the network.

Bill
--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: http://ghg.earth/