[tor-relays] Odd error with tor 4.3 log file

Hi,

So for both my relay at

https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/79E3B585803DE805CCBC00C1EF36B1E74372861D

and my bridge on a separate machine, something strange  is happening. It opens a new log file in /var/log/tor/notices.log.

For some reason, the file works fine at first, but then becomes unreadable as tor is running for longer and longer. It starts by writing exactly what tor is doing including how many gigabytes sent and received, but then later the file just becomes blank lines with end in it.

I am using less /var/log/tor/notices.log

The relay is run on OVH via SSH.

Is there additional configuration that needs to be done to keep the log file readable after a certain point?

Thank you very much.

--Keifer

Avast logo