[tor-talk] Torbutton 1.4.1 Released

Torbutton 1.4.1 has been released at: https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/

This release features a "New Identity" menu option that clears browser
state, closes tabs, and obtains a fresh Tor circuit for future requests.
It also features a fix for breakage with Hotmail, and further isolates
browser state and identifiers to the url bar domain (see
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/improving-private-browsing-modes-do-not-track-vs-real-privacy-design).

However, the New Identity button and the Hotmail fix are only
available to Tor Browser Bundle users. If you are still using
Torbutton with a vanilla Mozilla Firefox, we strongly recommend you
download the Tor Browser Bundle 2.2.x alphas from
https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbrowser/ and report problems you
experience, as we will be declaring them stable within the next
release or two.

Stay tuned for a new Tor Browser release that contains Torbutton
1.4.1 tomorrow.

Here is the complete changelog:
 * bug 523: Implement New Identity (for TBB only)
 * bug 3580: Fix hotmail/live breakage (for TBB only)
 * bug 3748: Disable 3rd party HTTP auth
 * bug 3665: Fix several corner cases SafeCache isolation
 * bug 3739: Fix https->http CORS failure for SafeCache
 * bug 3414: Isolate window.name based on referrer policy
 * bug 3809: Disable referer spoofing (fixes navigation issues)
 * bug 3819: Fix API issue with cookie protections
 * bug 3820: Fix warning w/ session store filter

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist