Re: [tor-talk] Wikimedia and Tor

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Derric Atzrott <datzrott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> There is a mechanism for this.  It is called an IP Block Exemption (IPBE),
> sadly it is very hard to get because people fear its abuse so much.  I have
> actually only just got it after I brought up the topic of Tor and talked
> to some folks off-list about why Tor matters to me.  I've been editing
> Wikipedia for over five years now.

this is extremely interesting--thank you! but would this work for Tor,
since presumably the IPs that are blocked are those of the exit relays?

I am proposing keeping the IPs blocked but opening them up for certain
logged-in accounts--I don't know if that is technically possible, but it
seems like a narrower solution, and also theoretically less open to
abuse/spoofing than unblocking entire IP addresses. (maybe.)