Re: [tor-talk] Hidden Services - Access control.

On 10/3/14, LluÃs <msl12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand that for "clients" you mean client processes as:
> apache, httpd, etc.
>
> Right ?
>
> If that so, which is the point on specifying policies as
>
> "reject 2.2.2.2:80" ???

by clients i typically mean Tor Browser, users behind Transparent Tor
Proxy, etc.

by hidden service i mean entries in Tor config that map hidden service
addresses to hidden services.

---

said another way,

clients access Tor via SocksPort, or TransPort, or ...

Tor routes connections to hidden services as per configuration.

these are different things; and SocksPort is not needed to "serve
hidden services"

if this doesn't make sense, perhaps someone with better explanatory
powers can assist...

best regards,