Re: [tor-talk] What was the academic paper in which

On Oct 19, 2014, at 10:43 PM, Rick wrote:

> On 10/19/2014 09:16 PM, z9wahqvh wrote:
>> that McCoy et al document has been helpful to my research as well, so thank
>> you.
>>
>> in the exchange below, there is a reference to an "assertion by DOJ" that
>> has been "referenced in a few talks." Does this mean talks by DOJ or by
>> someone else? Does anyone have a link to video or transcript of these
>> talks? My initial searches aren't turning up anything that seems relevant.
>>
>> also, when you refer to an unpublished DOJ study, and Andrew responds about
>> an unpublished study by grad students in Nevada, is the thought that these
>> are the same studies, or two different studies?
>>
>> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Griffin Boyce <griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:

> The "DoJ... 3%" reference was in the 20C3 talk (2013) by RD & JA at about 11 minutes in. I've got the video and don't recall where I got it but it wasn't YouTube. The talk at that point was about the perception of Tor and a slide was put up with four bullet points, the first of which was "Doj's aborted study finding 3% bad content on the Tor network".
> Both RD & JA briefly commented on it but there's little more than what Andrew has already conveyed. I'll be happy to transcribe that portion here if you can't find the video.
> IMO, though the 20C3 production values weren't the best, the talk itself was one of the better ones. It's a keeper.
>
> Good luck with your work.
> Rick
> --

the doj 3% unwanted traffic reference is noted here.  this video is housed at the torproject in the media archive.

https://media.torproject.org/video/30C3_-_5423_-_en_-_saal_1_-_201312272030_-_the_tor_network_-_jacob_-_arma_concat_.mp4

it can also be found on youtube.